Sunday, August 23, 2009

Annual Timp Hike 8/13/09

Me and some of my family decided to hike Timp again this year, but we took a different trail and it was 2 miles longer. The scenery was gorgeous though. This is standing at the bottom looking up to where we are about to hike, though it is only the beginning once we get to the top of that ridge.
My sister Soni, Brother Jake, Brother-in-law Mike, Brother Ryan and his son Quade.

My brother Jake.
Another shot of the trail.


The picture of this waterfall does not do it justice. There were little fascets in the rocks and it trickled down them and was almost glittery. It was so beautiful.
A shot of how steep the trail was.
This is the glacier we slid down on our way back- it was so fun!
Emerald Lake at the bottom of the galcier.
We are almost to the saddle and this is a shot of how much further we still have to go.
The valley from the Saddle.

As we got closer to the top there were a few mountain goats checking us out.
He stood on a rock and looked right down on us.

Finally at the summit! It is an 18 mile round-trip hike- we were feeling pretty good this time when we reached the top.
Taking it all in...
The views from the top are breathtaking...
The top ridge we followed to get to the glacier- this was the scariest part for me because I am not exactly a fan of heights and the trail is very narrow with a dropoff on one side.
Looking down at Emerald Lake.
It looks like we are on top of the world!























1 comment:

Janadt.Huggins said...

How fun! I love Timp. I think my now Texanized lungs would burst but looks at your pics makes me want to go so bad! Did I mention you look totally hot? because you do.